The provided information and links will be updated as we become aware of more resources.
For Food Makers:
- For food manufacturers that have inventory on hand that's labeled for use in restaurants, the FDA does not intend to object to the sale of packaged food that lacks a Nutrition Facts label. For more information on this announcement, click here.
- Twin Cities Live aired a story on women owned small businesses, featuring Salad Girl, 3 Bear Oats, Kakookies, Mostly Made and Lulu's on March 27. Here's the link!
- Participate in the #lovelocalmn campaign! To participate, download the LoveLocalMN graphic, use your brand's social media account and post personal stories, photos, reviews, or recipes about ANOTHER local brand. Include the LoveLocalMN graphic in the same post. Use hashtag #lovelocalmn and tag the brand that you are reviewing.
OPPORTUNITY FOR MAKERS: This is a PAID sales opportunity from Katie Sterns, owner of You Betcha! Box. Her goal is to help as many small food and beverage artisans as possible through this stressful time. Currently seeking the following products meeting these criteria: small makers, shelf-stable, nutrient-dense, healthy profile, individual serving-size packages, commercial or COTTAGE licensed, and other foods suitable for grab-n-go nutrition. Contact email@example.com.
For Restaurants & Hospitality:
- Earn extra income helping home cooks navigate their kitchens and limit grocery runs. OverTable, it is a peer-to-peer marketplace to connect professional chefs with aspiring home cooks via remote video/audio call for one-on-one hour long conversations. Want to participate as a professional chef? Join here.
- Beginning April 3, businesses can apply for loans under the federal Paycheck Protection Program through SBA lenders. Summary and resource links.
- Additional Small Business Administration Funding Programs:
- Visit Hospitality Minnesota for up-to-date information regarding our industry. You'll find resources for employers, workers, unemployment and loan information, etc.
- Consider signing the petition to persuade the state of MN to allow any on-premise licensee (i.e. restaurants, bars, etc.) to sell closed containers for off-premise consumption, any alcoholic beverages that it is able to sell for on-premise consumption under the law.
- Learn more about the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”) and how it pertains to restaurants.
- ServSuccess, a program of the National Restaurant Association, is offering free career development training to all restaurant industry workers through their Restaurant Professional and Restaurant Supervisor Learning
- Andrew Zimmern has worked with others to launch the Independent Restaurant Coalition which is using the #saverestaurants call to action for independent restaurants across the country.
- Chowgirls Killer Catering, Restaurant Alma and The Bachelor Farmer partnered with Second Harvest Heartland to form Minnesota’s Central Kitchen to feed members of the community who are experiencing hunger.
- To donate food contact Dianne Wortz at Second Harvest: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To donate non-food items, contact Chowgirls: email@example.com
- Items needed include dish chemicals; cleaning supplies; thermometers for humans; gloves; duct tape; hotel pans; uniforms; aprons; towels; paper towel; toilet paper
- To volunteer skilled chefs, contact Chowgirls: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For restaurants that wish to sell packaged food to consumers directly, or to other businesses for sale to consumers, the FDA does not intend to object if the packaged food lacks a Nutrition Facts label. For more information on this announcement, click here.